Dazed (Connections #2.5) by Kim Karr

Dazed: A Connections Novella - Kim Karr

Aerie Daniels lives her life in a very organized manner, meaning that she has no time for love. She dates, she has sex, but she doesn't feel anything. So when she meets Jagger Kennedy, all of her control goes out of the window. Meanwhile, Jagger is struggling to figure out what he wants to do with his life, but he knows the instant he meets Aerie that he wants her.

On the plus side, this novella was better than the two books in the series. On the negative side, I still fail to connect or feel a connection with the characters. The writing is so bogged down with materialistic descriptions, such as an extensive explanation as to what Dahls kitchen looks like (even though we've already read about this house in the actual books). Brand names are thrown around, cars are described impeccably, and music saturates every chapter. It was hard to lose myself in Aerie and Jagger's love when all of these surrounding things kept getting in the way.

I really liked the banter and ease at which Aerie and Jagger communicated with. I honestly did understand them more as a couple in a novella then I did with Rover and Dalh who had two whole books. However, the author still uses sex to solve problems instead of actually talking. And the worst part, the sex scenes read like a manual. He put his hand here. She touched him there. No romance, no passion. For a series titled Connections, I'm still failing to feel any.

I received an e-copy of this novella from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.