The Marriage Merger  - Jennifer Probst 3.5

This series is like candy for me. I don't know why, but I really enjoy them. And this installment was no different.

The Marriage Merger follows Julietta Conte and Sawyer Wells. Both have ties to characters from previous books. Julietta is head of her family's very successful bakery chain and she has no time for love. Especially after having failed relationship after failed relationship where she always seems to come off as the frigid, broken one. Sawyer Wells has made quite a name for himself with his uncanny ability to take failing hotels and turn them into 5 star resorts. When he decides he wants to open his own hotel line, he meets with Julietta to discuss a business merger of sorts.

I think that these two may be my favorite couple of the series. I adored Sawyer. He comes off as this cocky, sexual, always gets what he wants type of guy, but through the course of the book you get glimpses of his past and how hard he worked to get to where he is. His relationship with teenage rebel Wolfe is so heartwarming that at times, the two of them almost broke me. He felt the most real to me out of all the leading men that came before him. I was rooting for him the whole time.

Julietta is a force to be reckoned with. She's a successful woman who knows how to hold her own in the business world. Having been pushed aside for being a girl for far too long, she works hard and often sacrifices her social life. I loved watching as Sawyer learned why she cut herself off from relationships and then how he used that information to change her mind and show her how a strong woman like her could be submissive in the bedroom and not appear weak.

And we can't forget Mama Conte. She's just adorable and I kind of love her and her crazy ways.

I'm not sure if this is that last of the series, but I kind of hope that it's not. I would definitely be interested in another book, especially if we can find out more about Wolfe.

This review can also be seen here at my blog.

I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest review