My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #1) - Tellulah Darling A Greek goddess hidden away in a 16 year old. This book could have been super cheesy…but it wasn’t. It was sooo good. I loved it. Like big puffy heart loved.

description

Sophie Bloom is just your average 16 year old girl. She goes to a boarding school, has a close group of friends, has a nemesis, and schemes to take down said nemesis. During the night of the Halloween dance, Sophie’s plan to take down Bethany (nemesis) goes slightly awry when a simple kiss turns out to be something more. This something awakens her true self – the Greek goddess Persephone.

“Then I met a guy. I know that’s the worst cliché ever. But sadly, it’s true. And of course, me being me, he couldn’t be just any bad boy. No. He had to be Kai, son of Hades, Lord of the Underworld.”

“Who knew when I was cramming Greek mythology for my English final, I was studying the family tree?”

Suddenly, she finds herself back in the same war she was hidden from. Both Zeus and Hades want her, and neither of these options seems like a good idea. I mean, who would you choose?

description

Not to mention there’s the tiny little fact that someone tried to kill her and that’s the reason why she was placed in a human shell. There’s mystery, intrigue, comedy and drama all rolled into one.

It wasn’t just Sophie’s voice that I loved, even though her inner monologue was hilarious. All of the surrounding characters were written extremely well. The banter mixed with pop culture references made this an enjoyable read.

“Stranger things have happened, Neo. And it was Halloween.” “It was, Morpheus. But since I wasn’t abducted, thrown into a shipping container, and sent on my way to the Baltics to be sold into sex slavery, highly unlikely.”

“Nice try. I may only know Mythology 101 but those gods predated New Kids on the Block.”
(A New Kids on the Block reference, I bow to you Tellulah Darling.)

“Rule number two, I agree with Theo. No blowing your cover. You are strictly Clark Kent around here.” “Couldn’t I at least be Tony Stark?”

Sophie, Kai, Hannah, Theo…I just loved them all. I also have mad love for Greek mythology and I loved the way Darling has woven that into her story. The story matched with her writing style sold me on this. I will now read anything by this author and I cannot wait for the second book.

description

Thank you to Netgalley and Te De Media for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review.

This review can also be found here at my blog.