Good For You  - Tammara Webber “When you finally figure out what you really want, everything else pales in comparison.”

Hands down, my favorite book of the series. Tammara Webber, you are my hero.

description

It’s no secret that I love Reid. From the beginning of the series, he just stood out to me. Yes, he was an egotistical, self-centered ass, but there was just something about him that drew me in. In Good For You, we get a Reid who has pretty much hit rock bottom. After a late night of partying, he crashes his brand new Porsche into a house. Because of his Hollywood status and his lawyer father, he gets off with a fine and some community service – helping build a house for the family he displaced.

While serving out this sentence, he meets Dori. Dori is everything Reid is not – selfless, a humanitarian, etc. She’s often labeled the “good girl” by everyone around her including Reid. But there are secrets of Dori’s past that she wants to keep hidden. Secrets that could destroy her if anyone ever found out.

I liked Dori from the beginning. She was spunky and completely unaffected by Reid’s Hollywood status – well, she wasn’t completely immune to the fact he was gorgeous. She talked back to him, didn’t fall for his lines and pushed him.

There are a lot of YA books out there that deal with a girl changing the evil ways of a playboy. What impressed me about Good For You was that Reid chose to save himself. Dori didn’t change him, she just helped him see the different roads he had before him. She caused him to start questioning the world around him and actually forced him to figure out what he wanted. All of the changes Reid undertook in this book, he did himself – for himself.

“I've changed since I've known you. Not because you made me into someone else - but because you showed me a path I'd never paid attention to, and I chose to follow it.”

Webber is a genius at character development and I can’t wait to see what else she has in store for us with this series.