Dragonfly (Dragonfly, #1) - Leigh Talbert Moore 3.5

When the illusive Kyser twins, Jack and Lucy, start attending public school they are the talk of the town. Why are they suddenly here and not at the private schools they’ve been attending since birth? Anna is immediately drawn to Jack. He’s tall, gorgeous, quiet, and extremely mysterious. With a little help from her new friend, Lucy, she begins a whirlwind romance that has more ups and down than a rollercoaster. But while Anna is trying to figure out what exactly is up with Jack, her longtime friend Julian starts turning his casual flirting into something more.

I liked Anna’s character, even though she couldn’t keep a secret very well. She easily fell for Jack (but come on, who wouldn’t?) and even when she kept going back to him, she knew it was wrong. Her internal struggle over her head or her heart was very realistic and something easily relatable. Jack, however, was another story. I really didn’t get him. In the beginning, I understood why he kept Anna at a distance -he didn’t want to drag her into his family drama. But later in the book when he would pull away and then instantly come back, it just confused me. He was one giant game player and I could not figure out his end game. Then there was Julian who I adored from the beginning.

This was a good little beach read. It was cute, easy to get through, and had just enough drama that you didn’t feel overwhelmed. I really didn’t want to stop reading it. Just a few little issues I had: First, I do not believe for a second that if a local newspaper found out a huge secret about one of their most powerful residents that they wouldn’t dig deeper or try to expose it. Second, it was extremely predictable. From Julian to the Kyser’s secret, I had it figured out towards the beginning of the book. But I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one to find out just what is in those journals Anna now has…

This review can also be seen here at my blog.

I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.