Beauty's Release - A.N. Roquelaure, Anne Rice I am finally done with this series!!

This was by far one of the most painful reading experiences I've ever had. As if getting taking from the castle and sold at a slave auction in the "village" wasn't enough, why not add kidnapping by a Sultan? Sure...sounds legit. Oh, and every two seconds someone was in love with someone else.

description

It was just the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. There was no character growth, hell, there was hardly a plot. I felt nothing for any of these characters. I literally just didn't care for them. There were parts I just skimmed because there's only so many spankings and phallus impalements that I can take. Not to mention taking what was one person's journey and turning into a multiple character story. Guess she realized Beauty just wasn't interesting enough. Problem was, neither were Tristan and Laurent.

And for the love of a higher power, don't switch from 1st person to 3rd person. It's unnecessary and takes the reader out of the story (not that there was much of one here).

I get that a lot of people like this series, and more power to them. This just wasn't for me.