Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) - Charlaine Harris So reading this book was interesting. I blame it on having watched the first 3 seasons of the show. For starters, I kept hearing Anna Pacquin's voice in my head as I read. And then I would start speaking in my hidden Southern accent and that was just weird. lol.

As I said in one of my statuses while reading this, it's interesting how much the TV show adds. The books are told from Sookie's POV only. We only see or hear what she sees or hears. That aside, this book was okay. I so far don't see the OMG I HAVE TO READ THE NEXT ONE factor. I will continue the series, and not only because my co-worker threatened to kill me if I didn't.

I will say that the one thing that bothered me throughout the book was how the author portrayed Sookie. To me, it didn't feel like the mind of a 25 year old, but rather that of a teenager. Her thought process and the way she acted were very immature to me and at times just flat out annoying. And her mind changes so fast that it's hard to get a read on her, hard to even get attached to the character.

It seems to be another series where the side characters make up for the what the main ones are lacking.