Spell Bound - Rachel Hawkins I think this may end up being my favorite book of the series. While I enjoyed the previous two, they didn't quite grasp me and pull me in the way Spell Bound did. Maybe it was the end of the world dramatics, maybe it was the constant state of fear that one of my favorite characters was going to die. I don't know what it was, but it was there.

And on my favorite characters did die...I predicted it when I started the book, but didn't actually believe myself. While reading this characters death scene, I thought the author did a great job in staying true to the character. So while I was extremely sad, it was fitting.

Sophie grew up a lot in this book. She was still her smart ass self, but there was a weight to her that hadn't been there before. She was no longer a flighty teenager just worried about what was going to happen to her, she was now worred about the fate of her kind and the magical world in general. The background stories that were released here - Sophie's mother, Archer's parents - were great additions.

I know that a lot of people had problems with the ending, thinking that it left too much open, but I feel that while there were some questions unanswered, they were ones that the author wanted you to fill in. Sophie's story was told, and while I would love to see more and see what happens with her new found role, I am satisifed with where this one ends.