Insurgent - Veronica Roth 4.5

Wow...I don't even know where to start with this one. Insurgent picks up right where Divergent left off, and thank God. This was definitely a book where if it had opened with "Six months later..." I might have thrown things.

Insurgent opens with our survivors heading out to another faction seeking help. What I liked about this one, was that we actually got to see and explore each individual faction. I felt that seeing a glimpse into each one of these groups help me understand them better and gave me a better sense of this world.

I couldn't give this one 5 stars as I did Divergent because at times I felt the pacing was slightly off - but only slightly. I can understand why, there was a lot of information that was thrown at us in this book and we needed that time to comprehend it.

I also liked that I couldn't predict what was going to happen. Roth had a beautiful way of introducing characters and reveal secrets. I think there were 3 specific parts where my reaction was not a quiet one. I was shocked, horrified, panicked, scared...pretty much anything that runs in the fear category.

What I didn't like about this book...the fact that I now have to wait for the third one to come out.

Side note: Four is amazing.