Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne After rereading this book, I wanted to redo my review. While I still agree with my first thought that this book was heartbreakingly beautiful, I don't know if I would still say this was everything a final book should be. It was obviously not what I was expecting.

When I first read it, my mind was PEETA PEETA PEETA. I just wanted to know what happened to him. I could care less about anything else. I wanted my Peeta back and my reunion moment. Then Peeta came back...then I waited for my reunion moment. You know the one I'm talking about. The kiss with the love song rising in the background. The one that makes your heart soar and everything is right with the world.

Well, I didn't get that.

I'm honestly still not sure what we actually got. The ending of this book still leaves me with a perplexed feeling. Or maybe that's just the whole book.

I will say that upon rereading, Finnick, Haymitch and even Gale all rose in ranks in my eye. Where I had already loved Finnick and liked Haymitch - I feel like I finally got Gale and what his character was trying to do.

What I didn't fully comprehend was the epilogue. It didn't feel like it was the same book. To me, it felt like it was tacked on at the last minute just to wrap everything up.

Despite my mixed feelings about Mockingjay, I still think this series is outstanding.