Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely) - Melissa Marr Even though it followed a different court, the emotions were the same from the first book. I love the dark look at the fey world that the author has created. And I also really like how everything is not all wrapped up in a pretty little bow - not everything ends in a happy ending. I didn't want to like Irial, but as the book went on, I found myself drawn to his misery. I wasn't completely surprised when he gave up his court in the end because I felt that was where his character was moving toward this whole time, especially after Leslie. I was however, surprised that he just gave it to Niall - even though looking back, I really shouldn't have been. I do believe that Niall will make a great king of the Dark Court.

With Leslie, I went through many emotions. I felt bad for her in the beginning. Her life was horrible and she was just trying to survive. But as the book went on, I found myself wanting to smack her for the choices she was making - even though I know they weren't all her own. I felt that her character was made to be weak and not strong, which is what Leslie wanted when she got the tattoo. She was redeemed when she finally broke through Irial's haze and severed her ties to him. I wonder if she will frequent the series in later books.

Now, I have to talk about Keenan for a moment. I loved him in the first book. Even though I wanted Ash with Seth, I adored Keenan's attitude. But in this book, his true colors came out. He has no emotion, no empathy, except for his court. Don't get me wrong, that's good when he's ruling his court, but the fact that he's withholding information and acting behind his queens back shows how deceitful he actually is, which is interesting considering he's from the Summer Court.

I am very intrigued to see where this series goes. The snippet at the end shows more with Seth in the next book and I love Seth. Can't wait to read it!