Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher This has to be one of the best books I've read to date. Now, don't get me wrong, there was nothing remotely fun about this book. The emotions are raw and parts are extremely hard to read but I urge people to read this. There were parts where I didn't even realize I was crying until the tear hit the page.

Picking Clay as the one person from the tapes to share this experience with couldn't have been more perfect. I felt everything he felt, tenfold. I anxiously (and nervously) turned each page, waiting until it was his turn - his story. Like him, I wanted to know why he was on the tapes, but at the same time, I didn't.

Hannah's voice - through the tapes - awoke many emotions within me. There was sadness, horror, and anger, and for obvious reasons, I'm sure you can figure out why. I'm not sure, here at the end, how I actually feel about her character. At times, it seems like she's blaming other people for what happened to her, but then there's the knowledge that she knows it was ultimately her choice and she's not blaming people, just helping them see how their actions affect other people. And also how it wasn't one event that was the reason (as most people think with suicides, they try to point to one event) but a multitude of events that "snowballed" through her short time here.

I'm not going to put spoilers in my review because I don't want to have to hide this, I want people to read this and go out and read this book for themselves. The issues in this book will never be obsolete. Suicide will continue to affect a multitude of us.

I have no doubt that this book will stay with me for a long time to come.